Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Boarding Baron this wednesday.

Troy and I are heading to Port Aransas this weekend in honor of Troy’s father who passed away last March. Troy’s father wanted to be cremated and his ashes released on a bonfire at the beach. I scheduled to have Taelia and Sinia boarded at Petsmart and had planned on my friend Jame’s dog sitting Baron so he will have more freedom but when we took Baron to meet James’s dog , Brandy took an instant dislike to Baron. Brandy hid under the dining room table and barked and I think snapped at Baron. Baron only wanted to play and I don’t think he understood that Brandy’s behavior wasn’t friendly.

Anyways so I’m going to board Baron at Petsmart, I’ll pay a little extra for him to be placed in doggy day camp for some exercise. I probably should have done some sort of “meet and greet” between him and Brandy off on neutral grounds and the reason I didn’t think about doing this is I’ve known Brandy most of her life and she hadn’t had any issues with dogs before but she has several behavior issues which I don’t think James addresses , one in which she demonstrated last year which ended up with her getting bit. James was keeping three dogs (two large, one small) for his sister and Brandy demonstrated extreme resource guarding to a point where she would stand in front of the door where he keeps her food and bark at the other dogs if they got near the door. At one point I think her behavior initiated a confrontation with other dog and the dog bit her.

This maybe why now she is acting the way she is. However between last year and this year Jame’s girlfriend moved in with her dog, Sandy Love and Brandy gets along fine with Sandy Love. Go figure. I’m sure there is something about Baron which Brandy doesn’t like but for his safety I’m not going to force the issue . Baron is already pretty submissive and I would like to build his confidence up more and I don’t want to add fear of dogs to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment