Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sucess out of the crate!

Troy and I want Baron to have free roam of the house eventually. One of the reasons we wanted a larger dog is for the intimidation factor. I don't expect guard dog or personal protection skills but a nice deep bark and a large presence can be intimidating to some which is exactly what I want. This is good for when I go walking by myself or when Troy and I aren't at the house.

So during the Christmas holidays any time Troy and I needed to leave the house we left Baron in our master bedroom. We went from two hours to finally six hours with success so yesterday we decided to leave him out our first day back to work.

I came home yesterday and was VERY happy to see the master bedroom intact, and no piddle spots.

We are going to give it a month and days we will be out for short amount of times we will leave him loose in the house and see how it goes.

So far we still do not see any counter surfing behavior but who knows what will happen when we are out of the house so that's something to be seen.

Anyways. I'm very happy with where Baron's future is heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment